If you are a pro angler, then you might want something sturdy for yourself. This is where baitcasting reels can be handy. These are a stronger version of reels, and with it, you can use heavier lines and lures. This is essential if you are trying to catch a bigger game.
While it might take a bit of practice at the beginning, once you master the use of baitcasting reels, you can be sure of having the best catfish in your cast. However, before you go for fishing, you need to choose the best baitcast reel. We know it might be a tough job for you, so we have compiled a list of top three baitcast reels for you. Have a look at the features and its pros and cons, and soon you’d be able to choose one on your own.
|View Lowest PriceRead our Review||4.2 x 3 x 4.8|
KastKing Speed Demon
|View Lowest PriceRead our Review||6 x 5.8 x 4.2|
|View Lowest PriceRead our Review||9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1|
Top Pick: Daiwa Tatula
If you are looking for a lightweight, yet sturdy baitcasting reel, then the Daiwa Tatula baitcasting reel would be a great choice for you. Made from aluminum, which makes it lightweight, this baitcast reel has side plates and a clutch mechanism, which is corrosion resistant. It comes with air rotation feature, and has a 90 mm large power handle along with cutouts for reduced weights. Moreover, it also has cast control of Magforce Z and seven ball bearing for smooth working. What’s more, this amazing baitcasting reel from Daiwa comes with 5.4:1 gear ratio and provides you with high power when you are using it in right hand. The carbon drag can drag weight up to 13.2 lbs and is great for heavy fishing.
Now that you know about the features of the Daiwa Tatula baitcasting reel, let’s have a look at the advantages of the baitcasting reel
- Lightweight yet rugged design with aluminum frame, which makes it easier to handle
- Clutch mechanism, which is corrosion resistant
- 7 ball bearings, which comes with roller bearing
- Comes with a gear ratio with 5.4:1
- Large power handle of 90 mm
- Magforce Z control cast
- The reel can be casted a mile without any backlash
As with everything, there are some disadvantages of the Daiwa Tatula Baitcasting Reel. They are
- The reel is a bit heavy for a medium weight rod
- This is a left handed reel, so right handed people might find it tough
Budget Pick: KastKing Speed Demon
If you are looking for a cost effective yet great baitcasting fishing reel, then the KastKing Speed Demon 9.3:1 Baitcasting Fishing Reel is a great choice for you. This is perhaps the fastest baitcasting reel, which comes with a gear ratio of 9.3:1 and also precision matched gears made of brass. What’s more they have 13 ball bearing , which makes the casting smooth and effortless, and helps you in retrieving the reel easily.
The state of the art carbon fiber with 3 disc comes with a drag system of 6 kg or 13.2 pounds and helps you to handle big, heavyweight games. Along with the above features, you also have a great design, a brake system, which is tournament ready and aluminum spool, which is cross reeled. This helps in eliminating backlashing. If you are looking for speed and optimum casting of your reels, then the KastKing Speed Demon 9.3:1 Baitcasting Fishing Reel would be a great choice for you.
Now that you have an idea of what the KastKing Speed Demon 9.3:1 Baitcasting Fishing Reel offers, let’s have a look at the different advantages it offers
- Lightning fast, which means you can cast and retrieve the reel quite fast based on your reflexes
- Ultra smooth gear system making it easier for you to cast your reel effortlessly and retrieve it easily
- You have total control over the reel, which means you can rotate and adjust it if you so require
- High gear ratio, making it fast for your use
- Comes with a magnetic brake system
- A 115 mm handle, which allows for better grip
- Comes with spool cross drilled aluminum spools for rust and corrosion free fishing
As with everything, there is a negative side of the product too. Let’s have a look at the cons of the KastKing Speed Demon 9.3:1 Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- It cannot be used for saltwater fishing. If you do use it for saltwater fishing, make sure you clean it well after use
- You cannot open it and adjust the magnetic brake. However, you can adjust the brake with the help of dials
This awesome yet low profile baitcasting reel from Piscifun comes in two hand orientation – left handed and right handed. Additionally, the gear ratio of 6.3:1 makes it powerful, and provides it with precision. The brass gears along with three premium carbon fiber makes provides it with a powerful drag system, which you can be proud of. The six pin, dynamic centrifugal brake provide you with immediate adjustments should you plan to stop reeling or casting in the bait.
The anti corrosion bearings made of stainless steel also makes it easier for you to use it in both freshwater and saltwater if you so think. The 6.3:1 gear ratio provides the baitcast reel its strong drag system. You can use it for various purposes, including, but not restricted to spinnerbaits, swimjigs or even Carolina and Texas rigging. The side plate also is unparalleled and quickly yet efficiently helps you to lubricate the whole system. Be it a novice or pro, you can use this easy maintenance system for cleaning and maintaining your reels.
Let’s have a quick rule at the advantages of Piscifun Perseus Low profile Baitcasting Reel
- Powerful brake system, which consists of both centrifugal and magnetic brake
- Comes with maximum drag, which is up to 18.5 pounds
- 8 inches retrieve per turn ins
- Comes with a braid capacity of 120 yards and weighs 30 pounds
- Reel weight is just 8 oz making it easy for you to handle it
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Comes with a stainless steel design, which makes it corrosion free and durable
- The shield bearing and the gears make your fishing experience smoothest
- Comes with a power handle, so that you can grab it when you need to
- You can use it in both saltwater and freshwater
As with everything, there are some disadvantages of the Piscifun Perseus low profile Baitcasting reel. They are
- It does not come with a clicker for reels
- This reel cannot handle snook
Considering all the advantages and disadvantages of the different baitcasting reels, the Piscifun Perseus Low Profile Baitcasting Reel provides you the best value for money. If you want to use it in saltwater or freshwater, you can use it. Additionally, the gear ratio and the corrosion proof design makes it look great when you are going out for fishing. The power handle, and the shield bearing makes your fishing experience a lot easier for you to handle. What’s more, you can just take out the side plate and lubricate it. This makes it easier to maintain even if you don’t have much knowledge about reels and its maintenance.
So, all in all, if you are looking for a great baitcaster reel, you can try out the Piscifun Perseus low profile baitcasting reel and you’d have a great experience.